Cressida's ReQuest™ is designed to work in a multi-queue manager, multi-platform MQSeries environment. The product can be driven from a GUI, or from a Command Line Interface. All functions support both linear and circular logging. The recovery log can be accessed while the queue manager is running. All functions can be applied on defined 'applications' which are sets of local queues, possibly across multiple queue managers.
Using the MQ log files as input you will be able to run comprehensive reports on messages and queue managers. Uniquely you will be able to run a report that will detail the exact path of a specific message, identifying all queues and queue managers that have processed it.
The Recovery function will allow you to recover the queues to a specific valid timestamp.
The Replay function will allow you to capture existing production message flows and then run them through new code or new system configurations to see what will happen. Message rate can be increased to see how it may affect the new code. This function is also quite useful for regression and performance testing and problem determination.
Message Reporting Functionality:
- Create reports at the individual message level
- Create reports that include timestamp information
- Open architecture allows for interfacing with the reporting tool of your choice, or with in-house written applications.
- Provides advanced filtering options
- The built-in "Message Propagation Report" identifies the path a message took. Optionally includes related messages, for example based on the correlation-id.
- Allows user to change the update rate for the messages.
- Allows workload to be recreated on an alternative queue manager.
- Allows for timestamp recovery.
- Detection of valid recovery timestamps.
- Allows MQ-data to be recovered in sync with DBMS data.
- Recovers deleted queues and purged data.
- Allows for timestamp-recovery based SLA's.
- Allows analysis of damage by a rogue application.
- Recovery can be performed on an alternative queue or queue manager.
Message Replay Functionality:
Message Recovery Functionality:
- Log Manager introduces extensive functionality for manipulating and changing all WebSphere MQ queue manager attributes stored in .ini files and/or the Windows Registry. The list of features include the ability to switch between linear/circular logging and changing the size and attributes of the log files. If the changes made require that the queue manager is physically recreated, Log Manager ensures that all existing objects and messages are preserved during the process.
- Log Manager brings WMQ administrators the added built-in functionality to create archive copies (optionally compressed) of the active log files, regardless of whether the Queue Manager uses linear or circular logging. When using linear logging, log files that have been archived and are no longer needed for (WMQ) recovery, are automatically deleted from the active directory. When using circular logging, ReQuest’s Recover function can be used to recover from media failures.
Log Management Functionality: